Tuesday, June 1, 2010

This Ol' House. . .

I recently had an opportunity to shoot a home built in 1931. No, I won't tell you where, or who the owners are, so don't ask. But I am grateful they let me into their home and let me on occasion invade their privacy. As a photographer, I saw enormous opportunity, but as I showed some of my images to the owner, all he saw was a lot of work yet to be done. I always tell my students that two people can photograph the exact same image, but they will each see something different. The same is true when looking an image. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! These are some of the images I feel lucky to have. I hope J & C like them too!

2 comments:

jcs said...

I love these photos, Kelly. You are so right about beauty being in the eye of the beholder. Your eye, however, goes a step further and creates images that make us see the beauty, too. I love to photograph "ramshackle" things, too. What is it that makes us see beauty in these simple, well used structures and objects? Perhaps it's the human history they hold.

Kelly Parrish Photography said...

I like to think of the stories that could be told if only the walls could talk.